Display butterflies in your community!
We invite you to display butterflies in your own communities! Please email us a picture of your wheel and let us know how many butterflies you made so we can keep track!
- Display card to post with the butterfly wheel explaining the project
- One pager with more information (English)
Please also post photos of your butterflies to Instagram, Facebook @butterflyeffectmigration and Twitter @effectmigration so we can track the butterfly displays across the country!
How should I make butterflies?
- You can make butterflies at home, with your friends, or at school
- You can sign up to be a Team Captain, and lead a group of your friends, classmates, or community members in making 500-1000 butterflies.
- You can run a butterfly workshop at your organization or school! Click here for a workshop guide!
- Ideas on how to make butterflies are available here!
- Once you’ve made your butterflies, we encourage you to display them (see below) and/or send them to your local elected officials
Sending butterflies to local elected officials
- Mail or deliver butterflies to your local elected officials.
- Ask them to remember the migrant children in detention
- Encourage them to take action to end child detention
- You can find a list of your Representatives here
How can I display the butterflies?
- There’s no one way to display your butterfly kaleidoscopes. Some people are hanging butterflies in their windows, and others are hanging wheels from the ceiling. Whatever works for you – the point is to make sure the butterflies are visible!
- Here’s a picture of one of our display stands – see below for step by step photos on how to build one!